Well, actually help dig three wells!
A number of people have asked me how to contribute and I held off until now for two reasons: (1) I wanted a link to contribute thru a U.S. 501c3 non-profit, which makes the contribution deductible on income tax returns, and (2) I did not want to be involved in handling money, keeping records, etc. Hey, I teach and I write and I think I’m pretty good at those! Managing money is not my thing.
Contributions can now be made through my church, which makes them U.S. tax-deductible! To contribute to building the Oltorotua wells:
• Write a check for any amount to UUCF (or, if you prefer, Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Frederick”).
• In the FOR line at the bottom of the check, write “Dig This Well.” This must be on the check to assure it goes toward the well project.
• If you contribute $20 or more, I will send you a packet of 5 notecards (inside blank). The cards are a reproduction of Barbara Kenny’s oil painting pictured here, “Africa.” (Barbara is a highly-recognized artist in the MD/DC/VA area and the cards are printed on glossy high quality note paper.)
• Please include your name so I can post a thank you on this blog. Or let me know if you prefer to donate anonymously.
• Mail the check to: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Frederick, 4880 Elmer Derr Rd., Frederick, MD 21703.
Our wonderful office administrator will let me know that you contributed and our treasurer and ass’t. treasurer will see your money goes to the well project. And our little thermometer will move upward.
Many, many thanks from me, from Jackson, and from the villagers in Oltorotua.